Monday, May 18, 2009

Are you out of your Vulcan mind?

At the suggestion of a friend, I decided to write using as many semi-colons as possible while still maintaining grammatical correctness. Feel free to let me know how I've done.

After a week spent out of town for work, I was anxious to come home and spend a bit of time in the kitchen; making some jars of vanilla infused sugar with real vanilla beans, of course; making some granola to take to work; it burned just a little- just enough to be toast-ily delicious I hope; and my favourite, bruschetta, heavy on the garlic.

Some friends and I made the most of May Two-Four (early though it came this year) and I've been in the recovery process ever since; my post-party remedies have been thoroughly embraced; a big breakfast of pancakes and eggs; plenty of water; a fresh air fueled evening stroll; and several hours spent on the couch watching movies.

Actually, this has become a weekend of movies; yay; Star Trek was the theater choice; I'd give it two thumbs up; then came Happy-Go-Lucky; adorable and I just love British film; then W.; a film I wouldn't waste time watching again; and finally, Miracle at St.Anna; I'm not generally one for war movies, though I do have a weakness for historical fiction; this one was watchable but I won't be adding it to my wish list.

Man, I love punctuation; specifically, semi-colons.

1 comment:

Slyons said...

Hmmm. I believe that your use of serial semicolons is suspect. These semicolons need a good old-fashioned full colon (A full colon can be uncomfortable, however, especially on a long flight).

"my post-party remedies have been thoroughly embraced: a big breakfast of pancakes and eggs; plenty of water; a fresh air fueled evening stroll; and several hours spent on the couch watching movies."