Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Highway Driving and Peeving

Okay so yesterday I was driving on the 401 from Windsor to Toronto for about three hours on my way back to the T-Hole. Now really when you are driving there is not much to do but sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite song while passing drivers stare (which I totally do with no shame), but too my suprise people were doing very interesting things to alleviate the boredom of driving. So nice of them to entertain themselves at the possible expense of the rest of the driver's cars, insurance rates, and lives. Not only did this amuse me, but the shape of some peoples' cars that are driving on the highway were more than a little questionable.

Here is a list of things that entertained me and made me laugh, while at the same time scaring me into passing these drivers as fast and as wide into the shoulder as possible:

1. A woman with a windshield that looked like it had been beaten with a Lousiville Slugger just driving along like nothing happened. LADY THATS MADE OUT OF GLASS AND ITS BARELY HANGING ON....AND YOU ARE DOING 140KM ON THE 407....COMMMME ON.

2. A man just enjoying himself driving 70km/hr smoking a cigar....with all the windows rolled up.

3. An old man reading the paper. Like dude could you maybe focus on...DRIVING

4. A young person that was swerving all over the road that was, upon further investigation, text messaging.

5. A woman in a giant SUV swerving all over because she apparently felt the need to clean out her car while driving....she was full on like digging under the seat and not looking at oncoming traffic at all.

6. Last but most entertainingly. The dude driving with his foot out the window.....I don't even know what to say about this.

*** honorable mention goes to the man I saw over my Christmas travels on the 401 who had a tampon hanging out the window. It appears that the string was caught on the window as it was rolled up. How does this happen? Who knows but I was laughing in hysterics for about 20 minutes at this unsuspecting nerdlinger in his Ford Fiesta.

No comments: