Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Call Me......

Okay, so I get how people mistake me as the secretary. I sit at a desk outside my boss' office that faces the main door of the office suite, I do all her filing, scheduling, and expense reports and the like and I answer the phones.

However, contrary to most of my tasks and my desk placement I AM NOT THE SECRETARY. I have been called the "secretary" 3 times today and I fear that one more utterance of the word could drive me over the edge. Not that there is anything wrong with being a secretary, its just that this is not what I spent 9 years in University and 6 figures in student loans trying to accomplish. Yes I am being a snob but I am just being honest and venting, AND I am part of the generation that thinks we deserve far more out of life than we probably do.

I suppose the only way to solve this problem is to request a fancy name plate that reads "Research & Administrative Assistant." Oh who am I kidding, thats a fancy name for secretary. Well C'est La Vie.

No comments: