Friday, April 17, 2009

Fetch me a scribe!



So, yesterday I was a scribe for a CHSRF hosted roundtable discussion. It was interesting, thought provoking, exciting, and a hell of a challenge. Although my only job was to type, I felt challenged in a way that I did not anticipate. I should have known this but dude, academics talk A LOT. I realize that was the point of the roundtable but I guess I've never actually considered what it's like to sit at my laptop and type non stop for hours on end. When I accepted the contract I remember thinking, "Sure, I've spent entire days typing before. How hard could it be?" Well, "very" is my answer. By the end of the day, as my fingers felt stiff and my back ached, I regretted never learning shorthand.

Today, a day with minimal required typing, is moving day! Well, partially. It's more like moving eve. It'll be like on those special Christmas eves when you're allowed to open one present, just to get the excitement started. Well, tonight I'll get to start the process of moving out of Toronto, while tomorrow will be the more official day of fun as we pack up the van and head to Otown! Horray!

1 comment:

Airica26 said...

cry....I will miss you soooooo much : ) However I know this chapter is over but the Dynamic Duo have many more chapters to come. So enjoy this chapter without me by your side....but I shall return.