Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"I am lost" seem to be the hardest words

So I just got an e-mail this morning to do some contract research work. It was like a tornado because the person wants the work next week and seems to have already assumed I have accepted. So here I am with a take home exam due Friday and a mountain of newspapers to research. This I can handle. What I cannot handle is the vagueness with which the contract work is presented. I never have any idea what I am being asked to do and hence I wing it. I have not had any complaints yet about my work and they keep coming back for more so I must be doing something right. (I just realized I feel like Doogie Howser right now typing a blog...cue the bad 80s electronic sounding theme music) Anywho, is it terrible that I am terrified to ask her what she wants or how I should do this work? I feel like my ability to figure it out for myself, as to not bother this clearly busier than thou person, is integral to my worth as a researcher. Solution...just do it my way and hope the cheque comes in the mail. And then to the Warcraft...hazzah!

1 comment:

KMont said...

I think you need to ask for some clarification before it's too late! You don't want to pull a Jim Halpert and end up faxing your rundown to your dad!